As you may have read over the last two weeks my primary 3D printing supplier, Shapeways, have updated their pricing structure for the Frosted Ultra Detail (FUD) and Frosted Extreme Detail (FXD) plastics.
I’m still in the process of going through all of my models, checking they’re all up-to-date, but so far things are looking good. I’ll have lots more to share with you over the next few weeks but for now here’s an example of one of the positive changes.
You may remember my Yosemite Valley Railroad Log Cars.
These have always been available individually, as a pair, a set of three and a set of five. They are also available in both FUD and FXD materials. This is how the new pricing structure has affected them:
- Single Log Car in FUD = reduced by $3.29
- Single Log Car in FXD = reduced by $5.34
- Pair of Log Cars in FUD = reduced by $4.27
- Pair of Log Cars in FXD = reduced by $8.19
- Three Log Cars in FUD = reduced by $4.99
- Three Log Cars in FXD = reduced by $10.80
- Five Log Cars in FUD = reduced by $6.61
- Five Log Cars in FXD = reduced by $16.25
As you can see the FXD has had a dramatic drop on the cost to you.
Some of my other products have had a slight increase in price but I’m working on solutions to help bring it back down and, if possible, make even lower.
I’ll have more for you next week but for now if there’s a specific model you wish to purchase and are unsure if the price will change, please send me a message at email@example.com or use the contact page.